Top Tier Transdermal Pharmacy Pipe LineR&D strategy
Raphas’ DEN manufacturing technology has been quickly recognized in the derma cosmetics market, and its competitiveness has been increased by verifying its convenience and stability. Raphas is conducting further research with its partners in order to apply it to medical devices, specialized drugs, and vaccines.
Rapid commercialization strategy of improved new drugs applying microneedle technology
Bioequivalence can be verified by changing the formulation of an existing drug.
Based on the verification, a manufacturer can omit phases 2 and 3 of the clinical trials and mass produce a drug for rapid commercialization.
High performance and high consumer convenience compared to existing licensed formations .
Relatively low development cost
Rapid commercialization with a high clinical trial success rate
Rapid commercialization with proven bioequivalence
Raphas has completed 42 human application tests such as clinical efficacy tests and skin irritation tests to prove the safety and efficacy of all products.
Raphas has signed a partnership with a global vaccine manufacturer based on its DEN manufacturing technology, and is conducting joint R&D of candidate strains with the aim of developing new vaccines.
Raphas has signed a partnership with the global no.1 vaccine manufacturer
Signing of a joint R&D agreement (2017).
Signing of an agreement for the transfer of vaccine strains such as HPV, TdaP, HBV, and IPV materials (2018)
Signing of an MOU for the echnology transfer.
Engaged in joint R&D for animal testing of hepatitis B and polio vaccines.
Introduction of a new strain via technology introduction (license-in)
Development of a TB vaccine using a new drug candidate Mpg strain
In discussion for joint R&D with the global vaccine research institute PATH (RIGHT Fund)
Patch for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease
Engaged in joint R&D for animal testing of hepatitis B and polio vaccines
PTH (parathyroid hormone)
Osteoporosis treatment patch
In-house development, L/O
Increased convenience and reduced pain compared to conventional injections
Patch for the treatment of allergic asthma
Signing of a joint R&D agreement with the global no.1 immunotherapy company (2019)
Engaged in a project with Severance Hospital, Korea’s best-known research hospital for allergic diseases
Medical device : Drug absorption inducer
Brand : Therapass
Coating drugs that are widely used in the treatment of skin diseases tend to have the disadvantage of having to administer too much of the drug or take it for too long as human skin's absorbance of the drug is low. To solve this problem, Raphas has developed a medical device designed to promote the absorption of coating drugs.
MIAT and Samoh Pharmaceutical
Class 3 medical device licensed by the MFDS
Completion of clinical study on drug absorption inducement for psoriasis patients
Completion of clinical study on drug absorption inducement for prurigo nodularis patients
List of Academic Papers
Raphas has completed 42 human application tests such as clinical efficacy tests and skin irritation tests to prove the safety and efficacy of all its products.
1. Study on the Improvement of Eye Wrinkles Using a Biodegradable Microneedle Patch, Korean Journal of Dermatology, 52, (9), 2014.
2. Development of dissoluble microneedles by using Droplet-born Air Blowing, Journal of the Japan Society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 82, No.12, 2016.
3. Successful transdermal allergen delivery and allergen-specific immunotherapy using biodegradable microneedle patches, Biomaterials, 150, 2018.
4. Ultrathin Metal Crystals: Growth on Supported Graphene Surfaces and Applications, Small, 181529, 2018.
5. Comparative Study of Dissolving Hyaluronic Acid Microneedles with Trehalose and Poly(vinyl pyrrolidone) for Efficient Peptide Drug Delivery, Biomaterials Science, 2018.
6. Enhanced Cancer Vaccination by In situ Nanomicelle-Generation Dissolving Microneedles, ACS nano, 12, 2018.
7. The use of biodegradable microneedle patches to increase penetration of topical steroid for prurigo nodularis, European Journal of Dermatology, 28(1), 2018.
8. Efficacy of bioactive peptides loaded on hyaluronic acid microneedle patches: A monocentric clinical study, Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 00, 2019.